In terms of email service providers, the ESP landscape has never been as crowded (or complicated) as it is today.
There are hundreds of choices for organizations of every size, and, for many, the process of choosing the right email platform is nothing short of daunting. This is especially true for small and medium-sized businesses that are trying to make the most of their marketing budget.
While AWeber is a favorite for many brands, the company has recently seen some issues concerning billing and account closures. There have even been several complaints against AWeber on the Better Business Bureau, which has resulted in email marketers searching for AWeber alternatives.
Let’s take a look at what AWeber has to offer, and then explore some of the email platforms that can provide suitable alternatives.
What is AWeber?
AWeber is an email marketing platform that offers marketing teams powerful yet simplified features to make email marketing simple for brands of all sizes. The software company was first established in 1998 by CEO Tom Kulzer and, since its initial beginnings, has grown into one of the most well-known email marketing tools available.
The brand prides itself on being able to create a “remarkable experience” for clients, all while continuing to grow and provide them with the best that email marketing has to offer.
What does AWeber offer email marketers?
AWeber currently offers customers a variety of plan options, along with a free trial, so new customers can get a taste of all that the brand has to offer. When it comes to available features, the brand has plenty available to help you create stunning emails and maintain a healthy email subscriber list.
Current AWeber features include:
- Subscriber management/segmentation
- Email tracking
- Mobile apps
- A variety of different tool integrations
- Signup forms
- Email split testing
- Email automation
- Drag-and-drop email editor
- HTML templates for customization
- A team hub
What do customers have to say about AWeber?
While there have been several complaints made to the Better Business Bureau regarding “deceitful pricing,” and accounts being shut down for “unexplained” reasoning, there are hundreds of other customer reviews that rate this tool very highly.
The problem with this is that it can lead to potential new clients being thrown off by the severity of the complaints made, especially since most of them were made in the last half of 2019. With 82% of consumers stating that they’re put off by negative reviews, it’s no surprise that there’s a recent spike in those interested in AWeber alternatives.
AWeber alternatives for marketers
While there’s no perfect email marketing software available that’s 100% guaranteed to solve every email need you have, there are many AWeber alternatives that can provide marketers with an excellent customer experience, while providing plenty of available features to help create stunning campaigns.
1. Campaign Monitor
Campaign Monitor is an internationally known and trusted email provider, with well over a decade of experience in email marketing. Not only known for providing outstanding customer service (currently boasting a 99% customer satisfaction rate), Campaign Monitor also has a rich array of features to cover every email need, from subscribing and designing all the way to personalizing and anlyzing.
Noteworthy features include:
- Beautiful email marketing campaigns, created both from scratch and by customizing one of the many templates available with an intuitive drag-and-drop editor.
- Email marketing automation made simple, with a visual journey designer that makes creating automated email campaigns straightforward and quick.
- Detailed email insights and analytic reports designed to help you monitor and improve on each campaign with as much detail as possible.
- Email list management with options to capture subscriptions on your website, segment your subscriber list and send personalized email campaigns to each person on your list. In no time at all, you’ll be sending only the most relevant information to each subscriber.
- Seamlessly connects to hundreds of apps and integrations allowing you to leverage data from your favorite apps.
- Customer service team available seven days a week to help you get your questions answered as fast as possible.
- Other advanced features like countdown timers, send time optimization, and dynamic content built into the email editor to personalize every message in minutes.
Mailerlite is an email marketing software that prides itself on “keeping it Lite.” With a clean design and intuitive functionality, they make sure that everything they offer clients is easy to find and simple to use. With an available 14-day free trial, new perspectives have a chance to get their feet wet before making the decision to purchase a plan or not.
Some noteworthy Mailerlite features include:
- Drag-and-drop editor and custom HTML editor allows you to choose between a premade template and your own design.
- Subscriber management gathers new subscribers and segments your existing ones.
- Email automation can send emails without your action.
- A/B split testing allows you to test before you send.
- Campaign reports monitor each campaign and determine just how successful it was.
Emma’s industry solutions were built to help your marketing teams overcome some of the more unique challenges that come with leading a franchise, university, restaurant, nonprofit, or agency. Their Emma HQ product helps dispersed organizations that oversee multiple locations stay organized and brand-approved through the use of an approvals dashboard, multi-account reporting, and shared template controls.
Noteworthy features of the Emma software include:
- Marketing automation is the best way to reach your subscribers with the information that they’ll find most relevant. Emma converts your customer data, such as website visits and recent purchases, and helps you turn that information into highly targeted, trigger-based messages for each person on your list.
- Email editor flexibility enables you to create beautiful emails that’ll wow your readers. The HTML template builder allows you to customize any campaign down to the last detail, or you can use the drag-and-drop editor to create stunning emails without all the coding know-how.
- Integrations keep your brand up and running with services that you’re already comfortable with.
- A/B testing helps you improve subject lines as well as email content.
4. CM Commerce
The CM Commerce email marketing platform is designed to help ecommerce brands foster a loyal relationship with their subscribers. This email marketing service focuses heavily on leveraging customer data from your Shopify, Woo Commerce, or BigCommerce store to automate incredibly relevant emails and deliver AI-powered recommendations. Not only does CM Commerce integrate hand-in-hand with these major ecommerce platforms, but it also helps you learn just how valuable the email customer journey is in running an ecommerce business.
Noteworthy features of the CM Commerce ecommerce email marketing platform include:
- Premade email automations are key to making the sale. CM Commerce has a library of premade workflows like abandoned cart, reviews, and win-back campaigns (among many others) that only require a copy and brand update before they’re ready to send.
- Review collection and automation: Use CM Commerce to request, collect, and automatically display product recommendations and reviews to give social proof at key points of conversion.
- Coupon generation and tracking: Offering coupons has never been easier, as CM Commerce generates the code and tracks it from email all the way through purchase.
- Detailed reporting shows how much revenue has been generated by email in recent time periods, and even breaks down revenue tied directly to specific campaigns.
With so many reputable email marketing services available to marketing teams, we understand that the processes of choosing the right one can be tough. If you’re currently looking into an AWeber alternative, here are a few email marketing software must-haves you should be looking for:
- Customizable templates, both HTML and responsive
- Simple-to-use email builder
- Marketing automation capabilities
- Reasonable send limits
- Email split testing
- Flexible pricing
- A variety of integrations and plugins
- Rich analytics and insights
- Outstanding customer support
Find success with Campaign Monitor.
Started by email marketers for email marketers, Campaign Monitor lives and breathes email. And we won’t leave you behind in a quest to grow our own business.
It’s free to create an account and import your list, so you can test out the features and capabilities before you start paying. You’ll be surprised at how easy it is to choose a mobile-ready template and customize it in the drag-and-drop email builder, and you’ll be surprised at the time you’ll save creating an automated series in the visual journey designer.