Are you wondering if you should invest in video marketing? Is your target audience interested in consuming video content? Will it be worth your resources?
In short, yes.
Video marketing continues to not only grow in popularity amongst marketers, but more and more consumers demand video experiences in communications delivered to their inboxes or newsfeeds.
When used correctly, video marketing promotes your product or service, educates your customers, entertains an extended network, and helps you tap into new audiences.
You can utilize video to delight your customers and inform their purchase decisions and you can also use it to train and onboard new employees.
Read on to discover the top video marketing statistics for 2020 that’ll guide your digital strategy for the upcoming year. You’ll not only learn top video marketing stats, but also what digital channels you need to focus your resources on, like email and social media.
Build your marketing arsenal with video marketing
Before we take a look at the stats, it’s important to understand how video marketing can help grow your brand, build a cult following, and increase your sales conversions.
Video marketing has evolved from being an entertainment medium to actually transforming the way consumers shop.
In fact, 90% of customers say that video helps them make purchase decisions and are more likely to buy a product after watching a video.
What does this mean for your company? You have the ability to use video throughout the buyer’s journey, not just to build brand awareness and increase engagement.
With video marketing, you can retarget website visitors or social media followers, re-engage cold leads, and onboard new clients.
The options are truly endless in what you can develop to provide your customers with a more personalized and dynamic experience.
Whatever the size of your business, video is a viable marketing strategy to embrace. However, before you pick up a camera, here are a few video suggestions to consider:
- Explainer or how-to videos
- Brand videos
- Live videos
- Industry update videos
- Behind-the-scene videos
- Day-in-the-life videos
- Product release videos
- Product reviews or demos
With so many creative routes you can take, you want to really consider who your audience is and what they’ll relate to.
If you’re targeting C-suite executives, the format and tone will be different than a video targeting millennials.
To start, brainstorm the purpose of your video and what outcomes you hope it’ll achieve to help guide the conversation and storyboard.
Develop a video marketing strategy for your digital channels
Video is hot, but how can you get your customers to actually watch your content? While posting it on your website has its own set of benefits, you’ll want to consider distributing your videos on multiple digital channels for maximum impact.
For many brands, a cross-promotional strategy works well because it gives you the ability to display your videos across landing pages, social newsfeeds, digital ads, email newsletters, and more.
Let’s take a look at two important digital marketing channels—email marketing and social media—and how video helps boost your engagement, brand awareness, and sales conversions within them.
Including videos in your email marketing strategy can lead to big results. They’re engaging and a great way to stand out in a crowded inbox when customers are receiving 120+ emails a day. Videos have the potential to:
- Increase open rates by 19%
- Boost click-through rates by 65%
- Decrease unsubscribes by 26%
- Optimize the subject line open rate by 272% when “email” is included
Source: Really Good Emails
Spark utilizes video in their email marketing strategy flawlessly. The company provides titles so you understand what to expect when you press play, along with additional features and benefits underneath if the reader is unable to watch the video.
The video itself is brief, highlights ease of use, and allows the subscriber to envision themselves utilizing the technology in their day-to-day life.
While you can use video marketing on most digital channels, it’s become a critical part of every social media platform.
Facebook continues to be the top video marketing platform and where many marketers plan to invest.
However, YouTube and Instagram continue to make headway. With the rise of “live” and stories, different video formats on social media will continue to become more common in 2020.
- Videos that are shared on social media 1200% more than images or text – Adweek
- Facebook users watch an average of 8 billion videos daily – Social Media Today
- Sixty-four percent of businesses have reposted that a Facebook video resulted in a new customer – Animoto
- Seventy-seven percent of marketers have posted a video on IGTV – Animoto
If you need inspiration for your next video social media campaign, look no further than this example from Glossier. We love this video because this mother-daughter duo display two different age demographics, so they’re able to tap into multiple audiences.
It’s also user-generated content, which has proven to be highly effective in increasing engagement. Word-of-mouth recommendations help move customers faster through the buyer’s journey because it’s considered more trustworthy and credible.
Video marketing statistics for 2020
Now, let’s dive into the latest video marketing statistics for 2020. We’ve drilled down the most up-to-date data so you can keep your video marketing strategy on point moving into 2020 and stay ahead of trends.
Video marketing ROI
Let’s be honest, your marketing strategy all boils down to the return on investment (ROI) it produces for your brand. Video marketing has the potential to earn new customers and increase your bottom line by engaging a larger audience.
- Ninety-three percent of businesses earned new customer from a video on social media – Animoto
- Ninety-one percent of marketers are happy with their video marketing on social media ROI – Animoto
- In the U.S., video marketing has transformed into a $135 billion industry – Social Media Today
Video marketing audiences
Is video marketing right for your target audience? Research shows that video marketing is widespread across all demographics and verticals that suggest a majority of people are consuming it. The truth is that more and more consumers are watching video content than ever before.
- Seventy percent of businesses report that they’re creating more videos now compared to last year – Animoto
- In the U.S., there’ll be 232 million video watchers by 2020 – Statista
- Eighty-two percent of all internet traffic will come from videos by 2020 – Cisco
- Six out of 10 people prefer watching online videos instead of TV – Social Media Today
- Eighteen to 34-year-olds would drop what they’re doing to watch a new video – Google
Mobile video marketing
Smartphones are an integrated part of our daily lives, so it should come as no surprise that brands are now paying attention to mobile video marketing. The future is certainly mobile-dominated and, with video marketing, you have the ability to keep up with your customers.
- Millennials are 1.35 times more likely to watch videos on mobile devices – Facebook
- More than 70% of videos on YouTube are being watched on mobile devices – YouTube
- Thirty percent of mobile shoppers discover new products while watching videos – Facebook
- Ninety-three percent of Twitter video views occur on mobile – Twitter
- Ninety-two percent of mobile video viewers will share the video with others – Social Media Week
Video marketing 2020 trends
Video will continue to become more important in 2020 for digital marketers to embrace. It’s estimated that people will spend more time daily watching videos in upcoming years, and 83% of marketers will begin to implement video into their digital marketing strategy.
Source: Smart Insights
What should you look out for in 2020? Consider these top video trends for the upcoming year:
- Videos optimized for every social platform like square videos for Facebook and vertical formats for Instagram
- Personalized videos for targeted segments to develop a more custom-first experience
- Live and social stories that humanize brands and build a 1:1 relationship with customers
- Google Ads campaigns across the Display Network and YouTube
- Video content that’s shoppable
Moving towards 2020, video marketing is a strategy you can no longer ignore. Whether you’re “going live” or developing expert interviews, videos help your customers see a different side of your brand through an engaging, visual lens. Check out these final video marketing statistics for 2020:
- Eighty-five percent of marketers believe video is a beneficial way to earn attention online – Animoto
- Ninety-four percent of users understand a product or service more after watching a video – Wyzowl
- Eighty-eight percent of brands are dedicated to spending more on video campaigns in the future – Social Media Week
Ready to start combining your video marketing efforts with email design? Increase your customer engagement and build customer loyalty with Campaign Monitor’s email marketing platform. Sign up for free today.
The post The Ultimate List of Video Marketing Statistics For 2020 appeared first on Campaign Monitor.